Thank you for visiting and using www.movere.lt.
We provide our services through the website www.movere.lt to persons who are at least 16 years old.
Sakydami "You are", "Your", "For you", "Client", "user", "visitor" refers to a registered user of our website or a visitor to our website who is not necessarily registered.
Personal data - any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, a personal identification number, location data and an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the natural person's physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Client - any person who subscribes to, buys or uses our services.
Personalised data - information that no longer relates to a natural person, as all the elements allowing the identification of the person have been removed from the personal data set.
Services - any products and/or services offered by us, whether electronic or non-electronic.
Data Subject - means the natural person from whom www.movere.lt receives and processes personal data.
Submission of data - disclosure of personal data by transmission or otherwise making them available (except publication in the media).
Data processing - any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data or sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, sorting, organisation, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, access, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination with other data, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Automatic data processing - processing operations carried out wholly or partly by automated means.
Consent - a voluntary indication of the data subject's willingness to have his or her personal data processed for a purpose known to him or her. Consent to the processing of special categories of personal data must be given explicitly, in writing, in equivalent form or in any other form which unambiguously demonstrates the data subject's wishes.
Direct marketing - activities designed to offer goods or services to persons by post, telephone or other direct means and/or to seek their opinion on the goods or services offered.
Data Processor - a legal or natural person (other than an employee of the controller) authorised by the controller to process personal data. The processor and/or the procedure for appointing the processor may be laid down in laws or regulations.
Data Controller - Online at www.movere.lt
Third party/party - a legal or natural person, other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and persons directly authorised by the controller or processor to process the data.
- Conditions and amendments
- Issues and other interests
Phone: +370 639 85045
- What data do we collect?
- Information you provide voluntarily: when you register on our website directly or through third-party services (Facebook, Google, etc.), send us an email, contact us through third-party applications (Facebook, Instagram, etc.)), consult our staff in writing, orally or by any other means regarding the products and/or services we sell, subscribe to our newsletter service, use the comment function on our website, contact us in any other way and voluntarily provide information about yourself. This may include your name, surname, nickname, physical address, email address, telephone number, bank transfer information. As well as details such as gender, age, job title, place of residence, purchase history and other demographic information.
- Information we receive when you use our services: When you place an order on the website, you provide your name, surname, telephone number, registration address and delivery address, bank transfer information, details such as gender, age and other information disclosed by you. Also, when you register on our website, you provide your email address, name, and date of birth, which we need to verify that you are at least 14 years old and eligible under the laws of the Republic of Lithuania to be a registered member of our community.
- Cookies: we and our partners use various technologies to collect information about website usage statistics and browsing activity, which may include technologies such as cookies or similar technologies such as pixels or web beacons to analyse website trends, administer the site, and to provide statistics on personalised demographic information about website visitors, and we are not able to identify a specific person by the information we receive. Each visitor can control and refuse how the browser accepts or does not accept any cookie in their web browser. We use our own cookies on our website, together with third party cookies, to ensure the full functionality of the website and for marketing purposes, to show you on other platforms (Google, Facebook, Instagram) to show you specialised offers for you.
- Where do we use your data?
- For the execution of a sales contract with you: after making an order or using the services provided.
- To communicate with you about your account, orders and provide customer service.
- To protect your rights and privacy and the rights and privacy of us and third parties.
- To bring, exercise or defend legal claims: to a court, bailiffs or other authorities to whom we are obliged to transfer data in accordance with the lawful laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
- Provide you with automated, tailored offers based on your interests, products viewed and browsing history.
- How long do we keep your data?
We process your Personal Data collected for direct marketing purposes for 2 (two) years, except in cases where longer retention of the data is required by the legislation in force in the Republic of Lithuania. When the Personal Data is no longer required for the purposes of its processing, it shall be destroyed, except for the Personal Data that must be handed over to public archives in the cases provided for by law.
- Your rights:
- know what data is collected about you: Upon a request from an individual to provide what data we have collected about him or her, we will do so within 30 calendar days from the date of the request. Every person has the right to know what information we have collected, to request its correction or deletion. If, following a request, we have any suspicions as to the identity or age of the applicant, we have the right to ask for the applicant's identity document or a copy thereof.
- opt-out of having your information used for direct marketing purposes: we do not oblige our customers to receive newsletters or any other promotional information sent to them, so you can unsubscribe from this service freely by logging in to your profile or by clicking on the interactive link at the bottom of every promotional email you receive.
- being forgotten: Unless otherwise provided by the Regulation or the legislation of the Republic of Lithuania, we will, at your lawful request, delete all the data we have collected about you from our servers and information system within 4 calendar days, unless this would be impossible or would require disproportionate effort on the part of the Data Controllers. Data may not be erased if its retention is required by European Union or national legislation.
To exercise your rights, please contact us in writing, in the national language, at email@example.com
- Public information and third-party websites/apps
- Social networking platforms and related apps. Our website integrates the functions of services provided by third parties (Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.), so if you use Facebook or other third-party logins, they may collect information about you and place a cookie on your browser to ensure the proper functioning of their services. Also, we operate on various social networks, so when you interact with us or send information using any platform, you do so at your own risk without expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the platforms themselves. When you use third party platforms, you are subject to the privacy policies of those companies.
- Links to third-party platforms. Our website may contain links to other websites whose privacy policies may differ from ours, so when you provide any information or visit another website, we recommend that you read those companies' privacy policies carefully.
- Competitions, games and surveys
- Email content
Email is sent between certain servers as it travels over the internet to the recipient. Along the way, administrators on the servers can see and read your messages. Email is not a confidential communication channel, so we recommend that you do not send confidential information via email.
- Disclosure of data
- if we have to do it by law;
- to assert our rights or interests (including the provision of your data to third parties for the purpose of collecting debts owed to us).
- Security of your personal data
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the Regulation, the Law on Legal Protection of Personal Data of the Republic of Lithuania and other legal requirements. When processing your personal data, we implement organisational and technical measures to ensure the protection of personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure, as well as against any other unlawful processing. We retain your personal information for archiving purposes for a maximum period of 10 years or until we are required to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and fulfil our commitments. This is also to prevent abuse and other unlawful activities.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and user data and for any actions (transmission of data, orders placed, etc.) that are performed on our Website after logging in with your login data. You may not disclose your password to third parties. If a third party accesses the services provided on our Website using your login credentials, we will consider that you have logged in. If you lose your login credentials, you must notify us immediately by post, telephone, fax or email.
You are responsible for ensuring that the data you provide to us is accurate, correct and complete. If the data you have provided changes, you must inform us immediately by changing the relevant details on the registration form or, if the details are not included on the registration form, by informing us by e-mail. In no event shall we be liable for any damage caused to you as a result of your providing incorrect or incomplete personal data or your failing to inform us of any change in the personal data.
The Seller shall send and otherwise contact all notifications to the email address or telephone number provided by the Buyer in the registration form. The Buyer shall send all questions and notifications to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or call +370 639 85045
- Reporting abuse
- Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are fully liable for any damages arising out of your use of our website and other services provided by us. We and our team will not be liable for any indirect or consequential damages.
We and our team are not responsible for the conduct of any advertisers, linked sites or other members.
- We operate in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania
These Rules shall be governed by the law of the Republic of Lithuania. The law of the Republic of Lithuania shall apply to relations arising out of these Rules. Any disagreements arising out of the implementation of these Rules shall be settled by negotiation. In the event of failure to reach an agreement, disputes shall be settled in accordance with the procedure laid down by the legislation of the Republic of Lithuania.
Any disagreements arising from the application of these Rules shall be settled by negotiation. The Buyer shall have the possibility to resolve any disputes with the Shop electronically, without recourse to the courts. The Buyer shall contact the Seller in writing (by e-mail) and submit to the Seller a free-form complaint regarding the goods and/or the Shop or the Seller's performance. In his/her complaint, the Buyer must specify the specific product(s) or service provided by the Shop in respect of which he/she needs to make his/her complaint and state his/her claim. Upon receipt of the Buyer's claim, the Seller shall examine the claim within 14 (fourteen) days from the date of receipt of the claim and shall provide the Buyer with its response. If the Seller does not respond to the Buyer's claim or if the Buyer remains dissatisfied with the Seller's decision, the Buyer shall have the right to appeal to the State Consumer Rights Protection Office.